Praise for Anatomy of Exercise: A Trainer’s Inside Guide to Your Workout:
“This book would be useful for anyone interested in enhancing their fitness routine as well as fitness instructors who want to visually show their customers the benefits of each exercise… recommended to medium-sized and large public libraries as well as high school and undergraduate collections.” — American Reference Books Annual
The revolutionary series Anatomy of Exercise includes eight specialized titles that followed the first title, Anatomy of Exercise, each focusing on a specific sport or exercise program. Since the release of the first book, the titles in this innovative series have sold 250,000 copies in North America.
Compiling content from all nine titles, Encyclopedia of Exercise Anatomy enables the reader to tailor a personalized and professional program that will meet specific needs. A runner can dip into yoga to improve his breathing; a muscle builder can shape her legs with cycling workouts; a gymnast can combine yoga with core stability and strength exercises, and a woman over 50 can design a program that fits into her busy life.
Comprehensive and informative, this big compendium includes these standard features:
- Full-body anatomy illustrations, front and back
- Annotated full-color anatomical illustrations for all exercises
- Full-color photographs of exercises
- Visual identification of active and stabilizing muscles
- Concise step-by-step how-to instructions and guidance
- Level-of-difficulty modifications
- “Best For” information boxes
- Safety tips boxes
- Pre-designed workouts
- Visual index of exercises
- Glossary of anatomical terms.
For anyone who works on their fitness routines, whether at a gym, health club or in a sport personally, professionally or academically, Encyclopedia of Exercise Anatomy is the ideal resource for a lifetime of healthy living. If not now, when?